“Cherries are excellent for endurance, obstacle athletes because it nourishes cellular production of energy in the Krebs cycle”
We love cherries in America. The United States are the biggest producer, user and exporter of cherries in the world. The Bing cherry is the tastiest, firmest, meatiest and largest cherry grown and is considered a fleshy and succulent drupe enclosing a single seed within (stone fruit).
Cherries have their own mineral/vitamin storehouse: calcium, phosphorus, iron, sodium, potassium, vitamin A, B-Complex vitamins and vitamin C.
The compounds found in cherries can influence numerous biochemical pathways. The compounds can turn the epigenetic switches off and on to protect against degenerative situations associated with inflammation.
The powerhouse flavonoid nutrients of cherries are responsible for their deep colors and deliver substantial antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity which slows down the aging process.
We all want to live a long and vital Life!!
The range of activity for the bio-active compounds found in tart cherries beneficially inhibit certain degenerative enzymes while boosting and revitalizing others, switch-on immune system defenses, down-regulate glucose and enhances primary antioxidants.
Any high-intensity or prolonged physical activity of any kind typically causes muscle damage, resulting in oxidative stress, inflammation and pain. Tart cherries significantly lowered inflammation-induced pain from exercise-induced muscle damage following intense exercise and provide natural protection against acute muscle soreness.
Win/Win for all Athletic Activities!!
In a double-blind, randomized trial, runners participated in a 24-hour relay race. They drank two 12 oz. juices daily for one week prior to the race and during the race. These runners experienced a substantially smaller pain increase after the race. Scientists also conducted a second controlled trial on muscle recovery. Participants drink five days before, on the day of, and for two days after a marathon race. They had significantly lower inflammation bio-markers (Interleukin-6 and C-reactive protein). They also recovered isometric strength faster and demonstrated an accelerated recovery following this strenuous exercise.
Eating/Drinking cherries is very beneficial!!
Drinking tart cherry juice:
– is a natural detoxifier for the skin to help flush out poor quality acids from the system by invigorating activities in the kidneys, bladder and colon.
– helped increase levels of melatonin, the hormone that helps regulate the sleep-wake cycle, indicating that drinking this juice boosts the body’s melatonin levels which may explain how tart cherry juice helps with sleep and the body’s circadian rhythms.
– can help relieve pain and inflammation of muscles and joints and arthritis.
– appears to be a natural and safe way to inhibit the key gout and rheumatism pathways. Boston University found that cherries reduced the risk of gout attacks in those who suffered recurrent gout attacks by 45%.
– is a potent tool for inhibiting the chronic, often obesity-related, low-level inflammation. Researchers demonstrated that obese or overweight human adults who consumed 8 ounces daily of tart cherry juice for 4 weeks exhibited significantly lowered inflammation. Evidence showed marked decreases in erythrocyte sedimentation rate, tumor necrosis factor levels, and monocyte chemotactic protein—all key indicators of inflammation.
– improved multiple cardiovascular risk factors. These included a reduction in cholesterol, body fat, weight, and abdominal fat. They also calmed inflammation at sites in the belly and heart.
– can switch off genes involved in the multiple degenerative pathways of abnormal cell proliferation and inflammation.
– has a systemic effect on the whole body so it will improve your mind and give you clearer thoughts to make good decisions.
Cherries are good for you, Enjoy!!
“When your living Your Healthy Journey and you want to discover the full potential to stay healthy and happy, the whole key is “What You Leave Out”, living a predominate freshly-prepared organic, whole plant food lifestyle and understanding detoxification and revitalization.”
SO WHO IS FRED ANYWAY??
Fred Bisci, author, “Your Healthy Journey”, Head of the Spartan Race Nutritional/Lifestyle Athletic Board, has successfully worked with amateur, elite, professional and extreme athletes. He has been a tenacious athlete completing eighteen marathons, two ultra-marathons. He also has a history as a Navy boxing champ, has successfully competed in Olympic-style weight lifting, and still leads an athletic life. Fred, born 1929, has lived on 100% raw plant foods for over 50 years and is a lifestyle/longevity coach, food scientist; detox/fasting expert and clinical nutritionist. He offers a natural, simple, common sense approach by showing people a well-grounded experience to the healing power, peak athletic performance and remedial capabilities of the human body.